My ToBeRead pile grows and grows. What’s a girl to do? I discovered the 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge at the BOOKISH blog. I’ve decided a little friendly parallel play will help me read some of the wonderful books in my current TBR pile. I’m determined to accept the challenge so I can draw from the great encouragement that the Bookish Team is offering to provide throughout the year.
I’m a little hesitant on picking a goal because the rules say you can increase your goal but you can’t decrease it. The Challenge disallows all books published in 2014 so, although I’ll be reading 2014 books for the many fantastic publishers who give me DRCs and ARCs, I can’t include them in my total for this challenge. Here are the different levels (how many books you’re planning to read for this challenge in 2014):
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – First Kiss
31-40 – Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 – Could this be love?
50+ – Married With Children
I’m posting the guidelines here for my reference. You have to go to the BOOKISH blog to sign up.
I hope you’ll join me! The more the merrier.
Challenge Guidelines (from BOOKISH):
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon, Random Buzzers or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier! NO 2014 ARCs and 2014 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBRPILE Reading Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 25th of each month we will post a wrap-up post, here, on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking😉
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
- You don’t have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!